Friday, January 22, 2010

THE WORD OF GOD

"The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian." ~A.W. Tozer

" If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper. I make it a practice to read the Bible through once every year."
~ Daniel Webster

As the years go by , I am more and more aware of my forgetfulness, my lack of discipline, and my weakness to be overtaken by the mundane duties of this life. Recently, the Lord has been dealing with me in the area of Reading my Bible through every year. I am ashamed as I look back over the years that I have been saved and realize how few times I have actually completed Reading the Whole Bible in a years time. It really is an obtainable goal for all of us...I have no excuse. But, I am ever impressed by the Holy Spirit that He desires to meet with us each day. Will we make our appointment each day or will we continue to reschedule? I want to know Him more intimately...I want to understand His will for my life....I want to share Him with others. May we choose to be Seekers of the Word and to train our precious children to read His Word daily that they might know Him intimately. It is the most important thing to teach them to Know Jesus and to have a love for God's Word.
Blessings,
~Heather

6 comments:

  1. Great post Mom! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather,

    May the Lord bless you in your commitment to Him.
    The girls had such a wonderful time at your house. Thank you so much for hosting them. And maybe one day we might be able to host your family as well.

    Blessings to you all this day!

    Maria Camp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Simpson,
    This is a very good meditation for us all. Thanks for posting!

    ~Laura~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Heather,
    I'm having this same problem! It truly helps to keep acquainted with the Scriptures - esp. in discussions or arguments because you can quickly remember the Bible reading and keep accurate and Biblical.

    Thank you for your Godly example!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. Simpson,

    This is Johanna! I did not know you had a blog, I finaly found it! Great Post, And Great scripture!

    Resting in Christ,

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, I am the same way. The Lord was dealing with this very thing in my heart today. I am striving to be better. Why should reading a love letter be such a challenge to us?
    Thank you, Heather!

    We must get together again.... soon!

    ReplyDelete