Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mind Renewal..Continued

The yielded heart is the key to a renewed mind..."Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."~2 Corinthians 10:5
~Read also Ephesians 4:17-23 and Isaiah 1:18

Heart: (Hebrew::"leb", labe) feelings, will, intellect; the loyalty of man's inner or immaterial nature; likewise the center of anything; synonym for mind, sense, perceptive nature. Old testament reference, first mention: Genesis 6:5
Heart:(Greek: "kardia") feelings, emotions,mind. New Testament reference, first mention: Matthew 5:8

Beware:(Read Romans 1:16-32)These are the battle of the flesh vs. The Spirit
My ideas vs. who He(Jesus) is...What does the Bible say about who Jesus is?
Fantasy vs. Reality
Natural reason vs. Trust
Teachings of men vs. Truth by the Holy Spirit
Faith in "good" things vs. Faith in Christ
What I want now vs. Obedience to God

~"He that hath my commandments, and keepth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."~ John 14:21
The heart consists of the Intellect, Emotion , and will ...each must be yielded in order to be controlled by the Holy Spirit..when our intellect, will, and emotion are all yielded to Jesus we may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.(Romans12:1-2)
The Trinity: In theology , the union of three persons in one Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
We are made in God's image...we are three parts(intellect,emotion, and will)
In order to be conformed to His image, there must be union with our our intellect, emotion and will.
Our main objective is to find the Heart of God...this is done by reading His Word, and prayer(we must Be Still before Him, asking Him to show us any thing in our heart that is not right.) Remember we are walking with a Person (A Holy and Righteous God), not a Religion. As we walk with Him throughout the day, He will speak to us about the things that we do, think and say.
~"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord,my strength, and my redeemer'. ~Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment