Thursday, June 4, 2009

Are you overwhelmed?

I have been saved for 20 years now...and as I look back , I remember a time when I said "Yes!" to everything. I am not referring to spiritually dangerous things. Although I am sure that at times I found myself in sticky situations that were not healthy for a new babe in Christ . God has a way of protecting us even though we are dumb sheep. But, I am thinking specifically about all of the "Good" things that we can say "yes" to without really asking God Himself to lead and direct us. I said "Yes" to so many things that I found myself overwhelmed, tired, irritated, etc. I struggled to have Peace and Joy. It took me many years to learn this lesson. One of my favorite quotes that has helped me is: "Never Respond to Need, only Respond to the Will of God"
It is very freeing! I hope to encourage you to listen for God's voice and allow Him to lead you.

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." Psalms 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment